Re: Please recommend me a DB!

From: <pixel_at_shore.net>
Date: 1996/05/15

While prying the lemmings from hir ankles 14 May 1996 13:15:04 GMT, johnc_at_phss.com (John Coleman) wrote:

>Progress has ditched their own ODBC drivers, and have outsourced to Intersolv,
>which is committed to high quality, high speed ODBC drivers. Another 3rd party

I wondered why I saw so much mention of Intersolv.

>with good ODBC drivers for Progress is OpenLink - check their web site at
>www.openlink.com.

As I said in another subthread--if they aren't free, I can't use them for my purposes. I suppose I could check the site out though.

>Hope this allays any misperception caused by the above article. While I
>personally would ALWAYS avoid using ODBC for much except reports and end user
>queries, good ODBC support HAS become important to most of our customers.

That's all I want it for.

Followups set to comp.databases.progress, as it doesn't belong in all these other places. Sorry those of you in other groups.

--
pixel_at_shore.net pixel_at_gnu.ai.mit.edu pixel_at_basenji.com
An it harm none, do as thou wilt.   Will newgroup for CPU upgrades.