GRANT Help

From: Chakravarthy Nalamotu <kittu_at_gis.eng.hawaii.edu>
Date: 1996/05/14

Hi All,
Is there a way to grant Object Privileges (ALTER, SELECT etc.) on all the objects
in a schema to a role?

The procedure that I follow right now is

GRANT ALTER, SELECT

	ON owner.object1
	TO role1

GRANT ALTER, SELECT
	ON owner.object2
	TO role1

What if the "owner" schema has 200 objects. There must be a better way to grant access to these objects, instead of granting
permissions to individual objects.

OK, I was looking for a statment similar to the one below...to work for me (incorrect though)

GRANT ALTER, SELECT

	ON owner
	TO role1

and was expecting the statement to give "ALTER" and "SELECT" privileges to all the objects in the "owner" schema.

There must be a better way to do this, rather than granting permission on each object to a role.

Thank you for any replies.
  Kittu. Received on Tue May 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message