Re: Seeking advice from gurus...

From: Stefan <stefan.bolka_at_citicorp.com>
Date: 1996/05/14

> >We understand that the gateway would be a cgi script using the perl
> >langauge. Besides perl, can we use other alternatives such as Pro*C or
> >even Java ? Or does Oracle has the tools to develop the gateway
> >instead of using cgi?

> >Pls kindly give us advice on how to tackle this mammoth project? And
> >we would really appreciate if you could suggest an application related
> >to the project. We are working on a Unix platform.

To answer the question as to what other languages you could use, you could use C, Python, Tcl, and yes Java with the new DBMS tools.

I think that the shrink wrap fix that Oly suggests is your best way to go for sure though.

Stefan. Received on Tue May 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message