Re: bitand SQL operator

From: Oracle FAQ <orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 1996/05/14

unknown_at_shef.ac.uk (J.M.Whitehead) writes:

>Hello all,
> I recently came across the bitand sql operator and I was wondering if
>anybody out there could supply some more information on it. As far as I can
>tell its for testing whether certain binary digits are set or not I've
>experimented with it using this presumtion but have had mixed results.

> So if anybody does know how it works or where I can find out more I'd be
>most grateful if you'd let me know.

>Cheers,

>Jon.

Works find for me, but undocumented.

I have implemented a full complement (pun intended) of bitwise ops ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/sources/dba/gc00pkg.zip Its a little old, but servicable.
Works happily with up to 126-bit integers.

Regards
David T. Bath

orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au                 (private mail to dtb_at_bf.rmit.edu.au)
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/OracleFAQ   ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/Oracle      http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~orafaq
-- NOT TO BE ARCHIVED IN ANY MANNER ON MICROSOFT NETWORK --