Re: PL/SQL subprogram arguments in numerical order

From: Oracle FAQ <orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 1996/05/13

Piero Stanchi <stanchi_at_ariadne.it> writes:

>Hi everybody,
>is there a way in pl/sql to access subprogram arguments in numerical
>order (e.g. argv(1), argv(2),...)? Is the manual creation of a few
>pl/sql tables (one for each argument type) the only way? Is there an
>oracle table where the arguments of each stored subprogram may be
>accessed (e.g. with something like:
> for i in (
> select ARG_NAME from all_procs where PROC_NAME = 'my_proc'
> ) loop
> -- print i.ARG_NAME
> end loop;
>)?

Sounds like a job for Knuth Volume 3. I'm sure his algorithms will translate into PL/SQL. (Or has everyone under 30 forgotten this classic?)

David T. Bath
orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au

orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au                 (private mail to dtb_at_bf.rmit.edu.au)
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/OracleFAQ   ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/Oracle      http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~orafaq
-- NOT TO BE ARCHIVED IN ANY MANNER ON MICROSOFT NETWORK --