Re: Database LInk - V6 to V7 -- is it possible?

From: <vermaat_at_gemini.tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/05/13

In article <4mnn85$qqc_at_soap.news.pipex.net>, jb85_at_dial.pipex.com (Simon) writes:
>kissing_at_oneworld.owt.com (Bruce Kissinger) wrote:
>
>>I'm having problems trying to set up a database link from an Oracle 6
>>database to an Oracle 7. Does anyone know if this is supposed to
>>work?

>>I've been successfull setting up a link from V6 to V6 and also from V7
>>to V6, but not from V6 to V7.

>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Bruce, this is a known Oracle bug - Talk to Oracle support to obtain
>the correct patch for your system. In my case (HP-UX environment) the
>patch number was 236812, but YMMV.

Note also that is is no longer possible to create a db link between v6 and v7.1 and higher. That is no bug, but a development decision...

| Peter J.R. Vermaat | Dutch Department of Agriculture | Wageningen |

| p.j.r.vermaat_at_tfdl.agro.nl | http://gemini.tfdl.agro.nl:1024/~vermaat/ |
|                           Flagellant in Dreamland                            |