SQL*Plus question

From: Mike Gold <Michael.Gold_at_DaytonOH.NCR.Com>
Date: 1996/05/13

When I execute a UNIX shell, which has a call to SQL*Plus and includes a username/passwrod and an executable SQL file

(sqlplus username/login _at_runfile.sql)

if the SQL username/password is invalid, and the UNIX script is running in the background; a prompt for a correct username/password is generated by ORACLE, but is never seen. Is there any way to specify on the SQL*Plus command line that if the username/password is invalid, that SQL*Plus should NOT prompt for a valid login? In this case, I want the UNIX shell to continue processing, reguardless of whether or not the SQL file processed.

I have already tried the -s option, and it does not seem to do the trick.

Thanks,
Mike Received on Mon May 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message