Re: Also Dead SQL*Net Process

From: SJS <74463.2012_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/05/12

If you will add the username in the oracle.ini file in each client, you can identify what computer is accessing your system. You can will be able to identify what computer is accessing by using the machname in the v$session table. By tying v$session with v$sqlarea, you can also see who is active, and what they are doing. (I don't have the script right off hand, but you tie the address names together in order to determine who is doing what.) By doing this, you can determine who has spawned off a demon process, and who is still active. Also, if you are using SQL*net 2, there is a parameter that you can set that will kill the session, in the event of a demon spawn. Oracle recommends that you set this parameter to 10.

My opinions are my own and not that of Huntsville Hospital
Systems