PO7 and Forms 4.0

From: David Di Biaggio <dibiaggio_at_iquest.net>
Date: 1996/05/12

I have a problem and I hope I'm just missing something obvious. I installed PO7 and Forms 4.0 and Reports 2.0 on my PC today. Installation went fine. When I tried to actually use either of the tools I got all kinds of errors (sorry, I of course didn't write them down!). Then I read that I needed to run the CDE tools scripts to install the DB tables for the tools. I tried to do this but had the following problem:

It asked for my SYSTEM password and connect string....I typed 'manager' and ORACLE7. It kicked off SQL*Plus, ran something (too quick, couldn't follow it), then returned with a message something like 'The scripts ran but no return code was returned. Check the log file for any errors.' When I clicked ok, it automatically brought up the log file. In it was the following:

Connected.
-

That's all, no errors...when I click ok from this screen it takes me back to the password/connect string screen and again asks me to connect. It appears to not have worked but it never did anything! Anybody seen this?  Any ideas? Please respond via this forum and also to my email (dibiaggio_at_iquest.net) as I don't check the newsgroup as often as I'd like. Thanks in advance! Received on Sun May 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message