Re: open apology to subsribers of this newsgroup

From: Dale Fargo <dfargo_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: 1996/05/12

I agree...

How about a newsgroup like comp.databases.jobs?

My shop has more than one database in use and it would be convenient to post openings for all jobs in a single newsgroup. That way we would have a chance at finding a dba with multi-product skills and we could avoid cluttering up the regular newsgroups.

Ronald Leedy <rleedy_at_svc.com> wrote:

>Townsend Associates wrote:
>>
>> For future reference, how do all of you feel about General Job Postings
>> to the newsgroup? I have seen several job posting by others, but have
>> tried to direct my job postings to us.jobs.offered or a similar group
>> designed specifically for such postings.
>>
>> I have been a subscriber to this newsgroup for a long time. I enjoy
>> reading the tip and tidbits each of you share and especially enjoy the
>> postings about Oracle in the media, etc.. From now on, I will limit my
>> activity to reading postings to the newsgroup.
>
>This comes back to the question to split this newsgroup. Another option
>which I have seen in other newsgroups is to prefix on the subject line a
>subcategory, eg. SQLNET:, SQLPLUS:, JOBS:, etc. Hoes does everybody feel
>about this? We as the community should not only have an opportunity to
>solve our employeers problem but also make sure that we are not missing
>an opportunity to better ourselves.
>
>My employer knows I read job postings but is secure that they are
>treating me well and that if I had a problem that it could be discussed.
>I work for a GREAT company. The reason I read the postings is to find
>other companies who might be parralled with ours that I can network with
>for problem resolution.
>
>So what do the rest of you think?
>
>--
>Ronald Leedy SSSS V V CCCCC
>Silicon Video Corp S V V C
>mailto:rleedy_at_svc.com SSS V V C
>1-408-229-6150 voice S V V C
>1-408-229-0850 fax SSSS V CCCCC

Dale Fargo, CCP
Sr. Mgr. Database Administration
Palm Beach County - ISS
e-mail: dfargo_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

The opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect those of my employer,
Palm Beach County - ISS