Re: Rollback segments & Transactions

From: Oracle FAQ <orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 1996/05/11

Paul Taylor <ptaylor_at_pia.bt.co.uk> writes:

>Hi

>I have the following problem, can anyone help?

>We are trying to delete the contents of a tables, but it is quite large
>so therefore the rollback segment is either not large enough or I
>require some additional rollback segments.

What you need to do is TRUNCate the table. This does not go through the rollback segments.

orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au                 (private mail to dtb_at_bf.rmit.edu.au)
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/OracleFAQ   ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/Oracle      http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~orafaq
-- NOT TO BE ARCHIVED IN ANY MANNER ON MICROSOFT NETWORK --