Re: Oracle, UNIX, WinNT, and ODBC...

From: Product Marketing <opludbc_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1996/05/11

Ken North wrote:

> > rlc_at_syl.nj.nec.com (Rich Chung) writes:
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > I would like to access the database now from Unix - say Sun Sparc
> > Solaris. By access, I mean that I would like to develop applications
> > using the ODBC API on UNIX (actually, port my application to UNIX).
> >

> Rich,
>
> No problem finding resources for Unix client development.
>
> Visigenic has the ODBC SDK for Unix. It also has a driver manager and drivers for various Unix flavors (http://www.visigenic.com).
> Intersolv also has a driver manager and drivers fors various flavors of Unix (www.intersolv.com). There's more -- OpenLink
> (www.openlink.co.uk) and SimbaTech (www.simbatech.com)!
>
> The April issue of DBMS (http://www.dbmsmag.com) has a list of 80 vendors of ODBC drivers with their contact information.
>
> Ken North
> author: Windows Multi-DBMS Programming
>
> Resource Group, Inc.
> 2604B El Camino Real, #351
> Carlsbad, CA 92008-1214
> FAX: 619-729-5127
> e-mail: kennorth_at_interserv.com or 71301.1306_at_compuserve.com

OpenLink Software, Inc. will be making new UNIX ODBC drivers available that work with all UNIX ODBC Driver managers.

UNIX Flavours supported include :-

Linux
Solaris
AIX
HP-UX
SCO UNIX 5
Generic UNIX 5.4

For those UNIX & VMS flavours that do not support dynamic shared libraries our Universal Database Connectivity (UDBC) SDK provides a statically linkable set of libraries that are 100% ODBC 2.0 compliant.

The UNIX ODBC Drivers will be available for download from Monday the 14th of May, from : www.openlinksw.com

--
Product Marketing
OpenLink Software, Inc.