Re: NT Workgroups vs Enterprise

From: Dale <dale_at_fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 1996/05/11

In article <1996May6.143243.857_at_cpvax>, robert_at_cpvax.cpses.tu.com says...

>We are considering moving our small (30 client, 1 GB) client-server
>application from Unix to a NT server. We've been quoted costs of around
>2k per client (60k total!) for the Enterprise Server NT and
>$300 per client (9k total) for the Workgroup Server.
> [snipped]

Just don't do it. I do not know of ANY DBA that would prefer to work with Oracle on NT over Oracle on Unix. Sure the graphical DBA management tools are pretty but I do not find them mature enough to deal with the learning curve at this time.

I am not an NT expert and have spent hours trying to find equivalent functions on NT that I can easily to with UNIX.

Babette Dale Underwood (dale_at_fox.nstn.ca) Received on Sat May 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message