Q for Oracle support - trial CD and Win 95

From: Michael Sullivan <michael9_at_cs.mun.ca>
Date: 1996/05/10

Hi,

        I've been trying to run the Oracle "Proof that you can" trial licence on my Win 95 machine. The installation is successful but an error occurs at the last step when the install procedure trys to start a database.

        When I run the database manager manually, and say start database, I get an error that I have no interface driver in memory. I don't want to run over a network, so do I really need sql*net?

        The installation startup said that Win 95 wasn't supported, is this the cause of my problems?

        I have no experience with Oracle as a DBA except for any items I accidentally picked up as a SQL programmer, although I did follow the provided instructions.

        I would like to replace the DB I currently recommend to customers with Oracle, so it is important to me that I get this working.

Thanks,

Michael SUllivan

--

|michael9_at_cs.mun.ca |'"Proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing,"|
|13 Liverpool,St.John's,NF| says God. "But you have given us proof," says man, |