Re: SQL*Net v2: tnsnames.ora location under Unix

From: Alexander Filonov <afilonov_at_empros.com>
Date: 1996/05/10

Naren Chintala wrote:

> Keith Davies,
>
> On a UNIX machine (System V) it is /var/opt/oracle (default). Check the Oracle
> Tools for Unix - Administrators's Refrence Guide (TARG) for more info on the
> location of SQL*Net configuration and related files (in the SQL*Net V2 Files
> and Utilities Section). This section gives info about the search path Oracle
> uses.
>
> Naren Chintala
> AT&T
> naren_at_mink.att.com

> From: keith_at_keithd.demon.co.uk (Keith Davies)
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: SQL*Net v2: tnsnames.ora location under Unix
> Date: Wed, 08 May 1996 20:20:00 +0100
>
> I have searched through my manuals, but it's still a mystery. Where should
> the TNSNAMES.ORA file be put on a Unix machine?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Keith Davies

Really tnsnames.ora can be placed into any directory. All you need is environment variable TNS_ADMIN pointing to this directory.

Regards,

Alexander Filonov,

Mosakin corp.,
email afilonov_at_empros.com

      afilonov_at_mosakin.com

All above opinions are my own and not nesessarily of my employer. Received on Fri May 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message