Re: alter session set schema?

From: Bill Beaton <willyb_at_stat239.cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/05/10

In article <4mt6b3$48a_at_svna0001.clipper.ssb.com>,

        tahmossx_at_itd.ssb.com (Stephen A Tahmosh) writes:
>This was actually a feature discussed in pre-production versions of 7.0
>(I remember this in 1992), and was never implemented.
>
>sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu (David J. DeWolfe) wrote:
>:>Last September at IOUG-A in Phili, a speaker (sorry, I can't recall the session,
>:>or the speaker's name) mentioned the "alter session set schema" sql statement. The
>:>speaker wasn't sure which release of Oracle this appered in, so I called Oracle
>:>support and asked them. They told me that there was no such command in any
>:>currently available release of oracle. Does anyone out there know anything about
>:>this option of the alter session command?

	This statement is available in all versions of 7.2 as
	'alter session set current_schema=_____;'

	Very nice to use when checking that grants, views, synonyms have
	propagated correctly.  You cannot use this pseudo-login to
	do grant, revoke, truncate or rename statements for the user.
	Also, the id from which you issue the alter statement must
	be allowed 'set','connect','alter' capabilities in
	sys.product_user_profile.

Bill Received on Fri May 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message