Re: alter session set schema?

From: Stephen A Tahmosh <tahmossx_at_itd.ssb.com>
Date: 1996/05/09

This was actually a feature discussed in pre-production versions of 7.0 (I remember this in 1992), and was never implemented.

I've forgotten the intentions of the feature, though I can think of a few ways I might use it.

Steve

sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu (David J. DeWolfe) wrote:
:>Greetings all;:

:>
:>Last September at IOUG-A in Phili, a speaker (sorry, I can't recall the session,
:>or the speaker's name) mentioned the "alter session set schema" sql statement. The
:>speaker wasn't sure which release of Oracle this appered in, so I called Oracle
:>support and asked them. They told me that there was no such command in any
:>currently available release of oracle. Does anyone out there know anything about
:>this option of the alter session command?
:>
:>Thanks in advance
:>
:>David DeWolfe
:>Systems Programmer III
:>University of Alaska
:><sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu>
:

Steve Tahmosh
State Street Bank Received on Thu May 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message