Re: HELP: Output from within Stored Procedure???

From: <rwoods01_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1996/05/09

> The problem is, I can't find the any statements in SQLPLUS that will
> allow me to output to to STDOUT. I can use SQL queries invoked via
> shell scripts that do the select, but in our application many queries
> are needed and it is quite slow that way.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ken Childress
> Jet Propulsion Laboratory
> kchildre_at_uccs.jpl.nasa.gov
>

> P.S. Please email as well as post any suggestions. Thanks.

You'll need to use the funcationality of PL/SQL Package DBMS_OUTPUT, the source of which resides in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, in your stored procedures, and the 'set serveroutput on' option in SQL*Plus to capture the resultant output. Received on Thu May 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message