Also Dead SQL*Net Process

From: Kathy Wu <kathywu_at_ms3.hinet.net>
Date: 1996/05/08

Is anybody know how to tell which SQL*Net process is dead so that I can kill it from the server ?

The thing happens when some body's client program (in most cases are form) gets problems and he just restarts the window or PC. I found out that SQL*Net process will not die automatically in some cases. The way we do right now is ask every programmer to report this situation so that we can search orasrv.log and process list on the server to find the correct process to kill. But I am wondering if there is any other way to detect this kind of dead process from the system (I mean not every one will report their program gets dead) so that I can get rid of the dead process from the server. By the way, sometimes the programmers will use the same account to connect the database.

Thanks ahead. Received on Wed May 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message