SQL*NET acting up

From: Padmanabh Krishnagiri <paduk_at_spdc.ti.com>
Date: 1996/05/08

I have installed SQL*NET for Windows on a windows NT machine spacifying the TCP_VENDOR key as WINSOCK. Everything seemed to be fine, but while connectng to my database server running on a UNIX box it comes up with
 ORA 06107 NETTCP: Oracle Network Server not found I have the requisite entries in the HOSTS and SERVICES file that I myself created and set pointers to in the ORACLE.INI file, but still this error persists. Can anybody throw any lighton this ? Received on Wed May 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message