Rows Imported per min

From: Sameer Utrankar <utrankas_at_coned.com>
Date: 1996/05/08

I am trying to get an average speed of import in terms of number of rows per min. It could depend on several factors and cannot really be a specific number but just to get an idea :

I am getting 10,000 to 12,000 per min for a table. I believe indexes, constraints should not matter if import creates them as they will be created at the end of the data import phase. (If those exist while importing rows - it's a different question all together but that's not what I am doing).

Any other numbers ? Any comments on whether these numbers look, high/low etc. It seems import is nowhere near sql loader speed.

I am on HP-UX 10 and Oracle rdbms 7.2.3.

Utrankas_at_coned.com (Sameer Utrankar) Received on Wed May 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message