Re: World'S dumbest unix/Oracle Question

From: Sameer Utrankar <utrankas_at_coned.com>
Date: 1996/05/08

Try this :

sqlplus usr/passwd _at_script.sql < a_file

where a_file contains user/passwd on 2 lines for 2 more attempts. If sqlplus runs successfully the first time, input from file is never used or else it is used for 2 more attempts which will most probably fail (for the same reason the first attempt failed) but at least you can get the prompt back with return code of 1.

Robert Wolfe <robwolfe_at_fox.nstn.ca> wrote:

>I am attempting to get SQLPLUS too return a non-zero return code in unix
>when the login fails.

>It is very nice that it gives me three chances to get the userid and
>password correct but if the base is down or some other horrible thing
>has happended I would like to get something out of my script other than
>a return code of zero.

Utrankas_at_coned.com (Sameer Utrankar) Received on Wed May 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message