getting sequence numbers?

From: brian (bubba) martin <"brian>
Date: 1996/05/08

brass tacks:
how do i find (read: set a var equal to) the seq number i'm generating on an insert?

the whole enchilada:
i'm doing an multi-part insert into a database and using a sequence for my primary. i need to be able to pass that sequence number around to point back to that record from othe update procedures. i'm having trouble getting my var on the seq.currval. seems oracle doesn't allow it to be accessed anywhere but in the select/insert values clause.

anybody know how to set a variable to the currval? anybody have a better way to do this?

--
===
Brian (bubba) Martin

We are what we post.