Re: Version Control How?

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/05/08

dmarsha3_at_csc.com (dmarsha3) wrote:

>Group :

>I get new ddl for every 2 weeks from my developers. I was looking if there
>is any facility on Unix or Windows which allows me to keep a version control of
>each ddl and should be able to identify the changes between the versions so that
>I can further refine it and have delta changes and apply it on to the existing one
>and bring it to current .

>Any help is appreciated.

>Rama
>kramakri_at_dayton.csc.com

Actually, your best bet is to use Designer/2000, although it's Gawd awful expensive only as a Datavase Version Control tool. Designer/2000 can build the DDLs and run Reconiciliation reports to compare it to the actual database. But this is a VERY small part of the functionality of Des/2000.
Michael B. Openshaw
Integrated Medical Networks
(Opinions expressed are my own) Received on Wed May 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message