Re: [Q] How to duplicat all data from one DB to another DB

From: Dave Marcus <dmarcus_at_notes.cc.bellcore.com>
Date: 1996/05/07

In article <4lmafk$qd0_at_news2.cais.com>, duffy_at_cais.cais.com says...

>We have two data base one is live data base and anothe is training DB.
>Both DB has same tablespace and tables, but the size is different (live
>DB size a lot bigger than training DB). We have been insert some data in
>live DB and training DB still empty. Can someone tell me how to duplicat
>the data from live DB to training DB? Thank you for help.
Here's a method we used to replicate a database: Backup the training db controlfile to trace. backup the training db controlfiles.
copy all the prod db data files to locations accessable to the training db. edit the controlfile backedup to trace with the new locations of the copied prod db.
comment out the recover database statement in the controlfile trace. do a startup nomount and generate a new control file from the edited trace controlfile.
alter database open.
That's it. Received on Tue May 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message