Re: Cannot install Oracle Release 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.4

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/05/06

In article <318a7dfd.544f4d464c_at_tomfl.toppoint.de> thomas_at_tomfl.toppoint.de (Thomas Goepfert) writes:
>Hi.
>
>We are in the process of installing Oracle Release 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.4.
>We followed the instructions in the manual. We selected only the RDBMS to
>install. Just before the installation finished we got the message that the
>installation failed. Then we tried to start the database from SQL*DBA and
>got the error message:
>
> ORA-07307: sms1sg: shmat error, unable to attach sga.
> SVR4 Error: 22: Invalid argument
> Additional information: 1
>
>We tried several things but now we are stuck. Since we have little experience
>with Oracle we can't give you more details. But maybe someone of you can give
>us a hint.
>
>Any help will be appreciated

We could probably help more if you could give a clue why the install failed, perhaps from an installation log error message?

Perhaps you haven't set the correct permissions, perhaps there is a group or logingroup entry that needs to be made, perhaps you have to do the whole installation over again.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>