Please recommend me a DB!

From: Bayard <walden_at_universe.digex.net>
Date: 1996/05/06

Is there a document available that compares and contrasts the different packages available? I have to recommend a database for my work within a week. The project at hand requires a linking, relational database to run under os/2 or windows nt, preferably accessable by a large number of users on a LAN. I'm not sure of the volume of the data involved. Easy of use is a big plus. An accompanying programming language that works well is also a plus. Are the programs like paradox, foxpro, and dbase for windows pretty much all the same? when does a more powerful system like oracle or sybase become necessary?

Please email me any thoughts, it is greatly appreciated. Received on Mon May 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message