Re: RUMOR "Other rdbms vendors to offer free support"

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/05/06

In article <N.050496.162005.75_at_iafrica.com> dreyermg_at_iafrica.com writes:

>> I agree with the majority, in that Oracle Support is less than useless.
>> My experiences have led me through soo many hoops, I don't even remember
>> how I got my most recent problem fixed.
>>
>> The solution is GO TO A DIFFERENT VENDOR.
>
>If everybody is moaning and bitching about ORACLE support, why is everybody
>using ORACLE then???

Because they didn't buy it based on Oracle support, other people bought it based on whether marketeers could convince the other people Oracle could do the job better than the competition. Or else they jumped on a bandwagon. I use it for both those reasons. Actually, I kind of got hauled onto the bandwagon. But it's been lucrative, so I can't complain. It is kind of a pain having to support Oracle and not knowing whether _I_ can get support when I need it.

>VIVA ORACLE !!!!
I'm not a rah-rah about it, although I should be for remunerative reasons. But how can I ignore my mistakes in trusting Oracle Corp., and not be deluded?

>----
>MG Dreyer
>ORACLE Consultant
>Cape Town - South Africa
>+27 (21) 981 1805
>(dreyermg_at_iafrica.com)

Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>
%DCL-W-SOFTONEDGEDONTPUSH, Software On Edge - Don't Push.            \ V /
panic: ifree: freeing free inodes...                                   O