Question: Computer Training in Philadelphia?

From: HealthlyH <healthlyh_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/05/06

Hello,

I have a B.S. in Chemical Engineering but I haven't found employment in my field. I've taken both C programming and Pascal courses but it would be several years before I could get my B.S. or M.S. in a Computer Science related field. I was thinking about getting a programming certificate from the Computer Learning Center (CLC),
or PENN STATE's Great Valley C++, OOP, TCP/IP program.

Do you know anyone who went to a 3 to 6 month program in one of these schools? Is it a worthwhile programming course? Are companies interested in hiring people with these certificates? If I got my foot in the door with this certificate, would I be able to work my way up through a company, perhaps while obtaining an actual Computer Science degree on a part-time basis?

Any information you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million :->

Heather (healthlyh_at_aol.com) Received on Mon May 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message