Re: How to automatically re-query in Forms 4.5?

From: Stevec5088 <stevec5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/05/06

> I have a main block in a Forms 4.5 application.
>
> The users make changes in a window and when they return to
> the main block they refresh the block by hitting F7 F7 F8.
> (i.e. query using last query criteria).
>
>How can I do this for the user in a trigger? ENTER_QUERY
> gives control to the keyboard & I don't want to do this.
>
> Thanks,
> Phil Carter.

In a pre-select trigger on the block, extract and store the where clause from :system.last_query. When you want to do the F7,F7,F8 sequence, assign a button or trigger the user can use. In it, do the following:
  Extract the where clause from the last_query, and do a

      set_block_property to set the default_where clause for
      the block.

  Go_block to the block, then Execute_Query.   Clear the default_where for the block before the user

     enters a new query.

HTH,
Steve Cosner Received on Mon May 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message