Re: Any advice for setting up a 'Testing' tablespace

From: J Davis <josh_d_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1996/05/06

mqader_at_facstaff.wisc.edu (Mirwais Qader) hurled up:

>I am wondering how to set up an efficient Tablespace for testing our
>applications. I don't want to be testing these against the on-line/live
>DB. I can't spare disk space that much right now. Therefore, 2 full
>replicated DBs are out of the question.

>Could I create temporary tablespaces on a project-by-project basis which
>would only containe the data that I would be working with?

>How would data updates on 2 replicas work? Would they have to be entered
>on both tablespaces or not?

>What are some possibilities?

>Thank you!
>Mir.

  1. Create a "Test" tablespace
  2. Create duplicate tables in the new tablespace.
  3. Create OnInsert, OnDelete, OnUpate Triggers for the tables so that the data would be mirrored for those tables in the "Test" tablespace.
  4. Run your tests on the "Test" tablespace.

Good Luck

Josh Davis josh_d_at_magicnet.net Received on Mon May 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message