Re: Usenet forgery being investigated

From: Simon Read <s.read_at_cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/05/05

The end result of this will be two things:

(1) People start to realise that the internet is like the newspapers:

    and you shouldn't believe all you read in the papers!!!

(2) Internet posters will start to use pgp. This can guarantee the

    authenticity of the sender. In cases of posting forgery, the internet     posting can be forged, but the pgp signature can not be forged.

Unfortunately, I'm not following my own advice. BUT I'm getting pgp REAL SOON NOW! :)

Simon Received on Sun May 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message