Re: How to automatically re-query in Forms 4.5?

From: Yves Bergeron <Bergeroy_at_gespro.com>
Date: 1996/05/04

Phil Carter wrote:

> I have a main block in a Forms 4.5 application.
>
> The users make changes in a window and when they return to the main block
> they refresh the block by hitting F7 F7 F8. (i.e. query using last query
> criteria).
>
> How can I do this for the user in a trigger? ENTER_QUERY gives control to
> the keyboard & I don't want to do this.
>
> Thanks,
> Phil Carter.

Hi,

Use the PRE-QUERY trigger to keep somewhere the criterias entered by the users.

In the same PRE-QUERY, put back the last criterias before the query is lauched by the EXECUTE_QUERY built-in.

So, you must monitor in the PRE-QUERY whether the query is lauched by ENTER-QUERY or EXECUTE-QUERY.

I hope it helps. Received on Sat May 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message