Re: porting Access DB to Oracle

From: Mirwais Qader <mqader_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: 1996/05/04

In article <31809B30.D60_at_beatrix.philips.nl>, w3master_at_beatrix.philips.nl says...

>Greetings,
>
>I'm going to port an Access DB (running on Win 3.11) to Oracle7
>(installed on a HP - Unix machine). As I am still not an expert on
>Oracle7 (working now for 2 weeks more or less with Oracle :) I would
>really appreciate it if somebody could give me some advices how to do it
>the best way or which manuals will best fit my need for information.
>
>Thanks in advance!

If you have a Designer tool like S-Designer (PowerSoft), then maybe some of the transfer problems would be reduced.

  1. Bring Access DB to Design tool
  2. Take the DB Model and refine it
  3. Create the Oracle Physical DB using the Model.