Re: Oracle Support is next to useless !

From: Mirwais Qader <mqader_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: 1996/05/04

In article <4lrkor$83n_at_rap.SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.COM>, dan.nichols_at_sandiegoca.attgis.com says...

>I can't believe that I'm the only one who experiences this...

>So...I ask you my fellow Oracle professionals. Is this just the nature of the beast ?
>Any suggestions...Am I supposed to offer bribes ?
>
>-Dan

You are absolutely correct.

I am basically a beginner so I have some general questions once in a while, like:

	Can I install Discoverer/2000 on the Network for those without sufficient disk space
	on their PC's?

	- I get transfered to 3 different places
	- One says this is a 'Tools' installation question
	- Another says this is a Discoverer question
	- Another says this is a network question
	- etc...

My strategy now is:

  1. Post on Newsgroup
  2. Call/Email people I know
  3. Call Oracle Support and Waite........
  4. Ask management for more ORACLE training
  5. Call my sales rep.