Cannot install Oracle Release 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.4

From: Thomas Goepfert <thomas_at_tomfl.toppoint.de>
Date: 1996/05/03

Hi.

We are in the process of installing Oracle Release 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.4. We followed the instructions in the manual. We selected only the RDBMS to install. Just before the installation finished we got the message that the installation failed. Then we tried to start the database from SQL*DBA and got the error message:

  ORA-07307: sms1sg: shmat error, unable to attach sga.   SVR4 Error: 22: Invalid argument
  Additional information: 1

We tried several things but now we are stuck. Since we have little experience with Oracle we can't give you more details. But maybe someone of you can give us a hint.

Any help will be appreciated

Tom Received on Fri May 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message