Re: Accessing Oracle through Web

From: Balakrishna Avula <100610.52_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/05/03

Ram Kakulawaram <ram_at_bedstraw.calstate.edu> wrote:

>I have not got any responses so I am posting again(second time).

>--------

>We are planning to develop a web system to access the Oracle Database on
>a unix (AIX/RS6000), DEC/Alpha/VMS severs. We have Netscape sever and
>Oracle Database servers on both Microsoft NT(intel) sever and on
>IBM/RS6000 servers. ( The Data is in Oracle on AIX and also on Alpha/VMS
>servers). We want to start with small application then go from there.

>With the above setup we are considering Oracle web server on NT. If you
>are using Oracle Web server Can you share your experiences. If you are
>using some other tools to access the Oracle database from NT or AIX(web
>servers) can you specify the tools and share your experiences.

>Thanks in Advance.

>Ram

I tested WebServer 1.0 from Oracle on a Sun Sparc machine. The installation took only half an hour to get it up and running. I was impressed by its ease of set-up and stability. Web server 1.0 came only with PL/SQL development kit, I did not test that bit.

I hope this information is of use.

Bala

--
Balakrishna Avula						28 Ashby Court
Freelance Consultant						Hemel Hempstead