Re: Connecting to Oracle7 via Visigenic's ODBC Driver

From: jkeltner <jkeltner_at_ngdc.noaa.gov>
Date: 1996/05/03

>Are you using the NewShell? This causes the sort of problem you
>are experiencing when trying to connect with Access 7.0 or (I suspect)
>any application using the Jet Engine (such as Visual Basic).

No I'm not using NewShell, but I appreciate the reply.

The most convincing advice I have received so far is that the Visigenic driver will not work with SQL*Net 2.1. Has anyone ever succeeded in using the Visigenic driver with anything other than SQL*Net 1.1 from an NT machine?

Cheers, John Received on Fri May 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message