Re: Forms 4.5 to 4.0 porting problems

From: Jason Wells <jason.wells_at_tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/05/02

David Owen wrote:

> We need to move some forms 4.5 forms to a 4.0 platform but keep getting
> 'internal' errors (using both .fmb and .fmt files).
>
> Does any one know the way to do this? Is there a compatibility
> configuration or something that can be done? Any leads will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave O.

It's really dangerous to port Developer/2000 stuff backwards to previous versions. I've never heard of anyone doing it successfully, and I've had problems even porting up to higher versions without doing a generate on the FMB file. There are some significant differences in the file formats. I don't think you have an alternative to just upgrading the Forms 4.0 boxes to 4.5.

Jason Wells                 Tapestry Computing, Inc.       Voice: 314.344.0066
Senior Software Developer   Email:jason.wells_at_tapestry.com   Fax: 314.344.0990