Oracle ODBC driver and RDO

From: Vincent Wouters <v.wouters_at_fd.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/05/02

Has someone tried to use the new Oracle Win95 ODBC driver with Remote Data Objects (RDO) in Visual Basic 4.0a/32. The only data I get in my client is:

"Driver does not support this function"
and:

"Driver not capable"

How is this possible? Working with RDO is the most common way to build client/server applications in Visual Basic? Has someone had this (bad) experience to...?

By the way: the OpenLink Lite drivers work well; so what's my problem: our organisation wants to work with the Oracle ODBC drivers as the standard.
Our will these (RDO) features come in the near future? Maybe 'mister Oracle' can answer?

Vincent Wouters
internet: v.wouters_at_fd.agro.nl Received on Thu May 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message