Reports 2.0/2.5 (Logical Page/Panel Questions)

From: JACK <jantonio_at_worldgate.com>
Date: 1996/05/01

Looking for thoughts on Oracle Reports 2.0 or 2.5.

Have a situation were I have a report with a logical page size of 6 panels by 1. Each instance of the logical page may produce output of between 4 to 6 pages (ie. Physical Page 1 (Panel 1) is the front of notice #1, Physical Page 2 (Panel 2) is the back of notice #1, Physical Page 3 (Panel 3) is the front of notice #2, Physical Page 4 (Panel 4) is the back of notice #2, Physical Page 5 (Panel 5) is the front of notice #3 and Physical Page 6 (Panel 6) is the back of notice #3 - the printout prints duplex). Each instance of a logical page represents the notices for a specific client. Now it is possible that only notice #1 and notice #2 need to be produced for a client, Notice #3 is suppressed from printing. All output is produced as Postscript output.

The problem that is occuring is that for the panels that are being suppressed, panels 5 & 6 in this example are still producing form feeds even though now output is being produced. It is also interesting that the physical page # that I am tracking on each physical page increments as if those suppressed pages were in fact printed. I need to suppress the blank pages from being printed and I need to have REPORTS increment the Physical Page counter as if the suppressed pages did not exists. I have tried numerous different methods to control this without success.

If you have any suggestions on this it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

BSI Received on Wed May 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message