Help ! Oracle, OS/2 and SQL*Net with NetBios

From: Simon Lane <slane_at_interlink.net>
Date: 1996/05/01

I'm trying to get an OS/2 Workgroup server up and running. I can get the database up without a problem, but cannot get anywhere with SQL*Net and Netbios. Currently running OS/_at_ Warp as the server, with netbios as the protocol. I have the listener.ora, tnsnames.ora configured correctly, I think (my AIX-TCP/IP version is working fine) but cannot seem to connect with Netbios. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what other files need to be configured or programs run ? SQL*VDM starts by itself on boot. If I run NTBSRV.EXE I don't have enough resources for LSNRCTL.EXE and vice-versa. Also, NTBSRV seemes to automatically start with ORACLE71 as the SID. Never found out where that came from - even did a binary search of all files. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks. Received on Wed May 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message