Re: [Q] How to duplicat all data from one DB to another DB

From: SJS <74463.2012_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/05/01

You can do this by exporting your data from your production DB and importing into your development. I have a development database that is smaller than my production database. I refresh every week or so by simply dropping the tablespaces, recreating them (it is so much easier than dropping 600+ tables) and then import the production side in. You can script all this out, and if your operating system permits it, batch the process overnight.

Sheilah Scheurich
DBA
Huntsville Hospital System

My opinions are my own and not that of Huntsville Hospital
Systems