Re: Anyone using 'daemon' pkg?

From: Sameer Utrankar <utrankas_at_coned.com>
Date: 1996/05/01

George Chianese <george_at_dsworks.com> wrote:

>> I came across the 'daemon' package in the PL/SQL docs and was wondering if
>> anyone has used it. Does it work? How tough is it to set up an explicit
>> pipe to an outside application? Any info or tips would be much
>> appreciated; I have a need for it and would like to use it.

>I have used the daemon package quite a bit. Very useful. And it
>actually works as advertised. Just follow the Oracle info on it
>and it'll work.

What are you guys talking about ? I looked under $oracle_home/rdbms/admin for dbms*sql files and in database for packages owned by sys and can't find anything similar to what you are saying. I am on 7.2.3 on HP. What am I missing ?

Utrankas_at_coned.com (Sameer Utrankar) Received on Wed May 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message