Re: The so called 'Consultants' from India

From: Shrikant Nawathey <shrikant_at_ikos.com>
Date: 1996/05/01

I think this info is either incorrect or the people hired were of some different expertise than they were required. I have had interaction with decent no technical people here in Silicon Valley(mostly on my job) and Indians are highly competetive as compared with colleagus.

And most importantly very fast to pick up their new line of work. And as far as learning on the job many companies do but they make sure they have couple of experts on the job so that these people learn on the job and help this expert grp alongwith. These are THE EXPERTS and you cant fuck around with them. These people usually know so much that this small grp in itself can do the whole job by themselves if they wish to.

Now I just wonder how can there be a number of them with 5-7 yrs of experience not knowing anything about the computers and are still staying in the computers field. This is just not possible.

Someone(I dont know who is the originateor) has posted some absolute crap here or he hired people from a junk consultant.

-shrikant

Anton Geshelin wrote...