Re: www and databases

From: Peter Kohlendorfer <kohpe_at_p1.salzburg.siemens.co.at>
Date: 1996/04/30

I am currently investigating this subject, too. Until now I found two possibilities.

  1. Oracle is currently presenting a webserver. This means by clicking a button in your browser you send a call for a PL/SQL procedure in your DB, which returns a string that can be interpreted as a WWW document.
  2. In the near future a special API for connecting to databases will be provided for JAVA. Until now I couldn't get hold of any more details.

If you or anybody else has additional information about this topic I would appreciate your response

Regards,

        Peter Kohlendorfer Received on Tue Apr 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message