Re: Oracle Support is next to useless !

From: Mike Rife <rife_at_moffitt.usf.edu>
Date: 1996/04/30

In article <4m29rc$els_at_flonk.uk.sun.com>, timj_at_baa.uk.sun.com says...

 <dan.nichols_at_sandiegoca.attgis.com> writes:
>> I can't believe that I'm the only one who experiences this...
>>
>> Everytime I have a need to call Oracle support, the same thing
 happens.

>> I'll get hold of an analyst (after 20 minutes of listing to classical
 music on hold - toll call yet !)

>> The analyst will dutifully take down, verbatum, my description of the
 problem, then claim to have need to
>> talk to an "expert". The analyst will promise to call me back, then
 nothing...for days, weeks, months.

>> I have a TAR open that was opened in July of 1995. I get absolutely no
 response from them. If I call
>> back, the analyst is never there, and I'm prompted to leave a message.
>>
>> If I call and rant and rave and complain, I'll get a duty manager who
 will apologize, and say that they have
>> been unusually busy lately, and promise to reassign the TAR to another
 analyst.

>> The new analyst will call...dutifully take down, verbatum, my
 description of the problem...and the whole thing
>> starts over again.
>>
>> This pattern exists for Oracle Applications issues, tools, DBMS, et
 al...

>> So...I ask you my fellow Oracle professionals. Is this just the nature
 of the beast ?
>> Any suggestions...Am I supposed to offer bribes ?
>>
>> -Dan

  1. I would call customer relations and explain the poor response you have gotten to your TARs.
  2. When I open a TAR, I call back on it on a regular basis, registering call backs on the the TAR. I know that that it registers the call backs. With enough call backs, the TAR may get bumped up in priority?
  3. Keep notes on which individual has given you good support. If you get them to reassign the TAR to another analyst, you may be able to ask that the TAR be assigned to that analsyt.