Re: Standard package unavailable

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1996/04/30

In article <317F8E52.552C_at_riscman.com>, Michael Friedhoff <mike_at_riscman.com> writes:
|> I'm running an SQL script that's part of a product install, and Oracle
|> keeps complaining that the STANDARD PACKAGE is not available.
|>
|> I just recently rebuilt the database, and the script worked fine before
|> the rebuild. Is there something I need to do to explicitly install the
|> standard package on a newly built database?

Yep. You need to run catproc.sql, found in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin. This script will run all of the necessary creation scripts, including dbmsstdx.sql, which creates package STANDARD. Be sure to run this as SYS or connected internal.

|> The server I'm running is Oracle 7.0.16.4.0 on AIX 3.2.5
|>
|> =======================
|> Michael G. Friedhoff
|> RISCmanagement, Inc.
|> =======================
|> Ph. (212) 695-9494
|> Fax (212) 695-9801
|> Email mike_at_riscman.com
|> http://www.riscman.com

Scott Urman            Oracle Corporation           surman_at_us.oracle.com
Author of "Oracle PL/SQL Programming", ISBN 0-07-882176-2
Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm
"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of
 Oracle Corporation"