Re: OS/2

From: Arne Bruening <bruening_at_wmd.de>
Date: 1996/04/30

biged_at_worldaccess.nl wrote:

> On 4/23/96 3:32AM, in message <4lhbug$its_at_lal.interserv.net>, quinton_at_feet.com
> wrote:
>
> > Can someone tell me where I can find an OS/2 ODBC driver for Oracle 7.2?
>
> Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think that ODBC is supported bij OS/2,
> since IBM and Microsoft waren't that close. What you are probably looking for
> is SQL*net, which IS available for OS/2-platform.
>
> Edwin van der Sanden
> biged_at_worldaccess.nl

You don't need Microsoft for implementing ODBC. There a ODBC drivers for OS/2 from at least one third party developer. Unfortunaltely I forgot his name, you have to search for yourself ...

--

        Arne

---*** final beta signature. Release-version soon to be released ***---

Arne Bruening, WMD GmbH, Hamburg, Germany (http://www.wmd.de)