Re: Yet another Export Question!

From: Mark Styles <marks_at_sensible.teleord.co.uk>
Date: 1996/04/29

badri <badri_at_cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> I have a production database and I just
>want the schema to be exported to another test database.
>The test db has one table space, large enough to hold
>table definitions (not data). I do not want additional
>tablespaces created.
>
> When I asked how this could be done, I was told that
>I could export with rows=n compress=n so that the schema
>would export with the initial extent and then use
>sed to alter the initial extents. How would I deal with tablespace
>creation commands in the begining of the export file? I don't
>want those.

If you just export the user, you shouldn't get any tablespace creation commands. I did the following on our database:

exp / file=me.dmp rows=n compress=n

This exports my ops$ users objects, without data, but with all grants, constraints etc. intact, the initial extents set correctly, and no tablespace commands.

Alternatively, running as a dba, you can export <user>s objects, as follows:

exp <dba_user>/<dba_password> file=<user>.dmp rows=n compress=n owner=<user>

Hope this helps!

--
** Mark Styles aka Small       -- Opinions expressed here are my own --   **
** marks_at_teleord.co.uk         -- unless otherwise specified         --   **